Legend has it that the first electrically illuminated tree made its debut at the While House in 1895. In 1903, a breakthrough came about when GE offered the first pre-wired string of tree lights to the public. Medford Leas had a breakthrough this past week, when Ken Hutz, Medford Leas Arborist, strung colorful lights to simulate a tree just off the Colonial Dining Room and Holly Room. This tree is a treat for residents and staff to enjoy. It is certainly the most colorful tree in the Arboretum at this time of the year. Thanks Ken!